The P.O.S.T. Entry-Level Law Enforcement Test Battery is used to assess readiness for the Basic Police Academy Program. The exam is a high school level reading comprehension and vocabulary test. Applicants for the academy must achieve a t-score of at least 40 to enter the academy. Note: The California Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training allows you to take this test once every 30 days. If you have taken this exam within thirty days here or anywhere else in in California, you will be disqualified and your test will not be scored. For more information about this written exam, Click Here.
The physical agility test requires applicants to run 1.5 miles within 17 minutes, perform 17 push-ups within one minute, and perform 25 sit-ups within one minute. This testing is only for applicants coming to Napa Valley Police Academy.
The cost of the entry level peace officer exam is $20.00. This includes the written exam and physical agility test. The cost to take only the physical agility test is the same. Please note: This fee is non-refundable.
The results from the written exam and physical agility test are valid for use to enter a basic academy class for up to 12 months before the start date of an academy class.
HOW TO REGISTER:
1. Select which test(s) you wish to take and submit your payment. You cannot sign up for any other date other than what is posted, or buy a future month’s seat in advance. The written exam has limited seats.
TEST DATE AVAILABLE FOR REGISTRATION: SATURDAY, OCTOBER 9, 2021
Are you interested in learning more about the police academy before enrolling? Consider volunteering as a role player for our law enforcement academies.
Effective January 1, 2022, all Napa Valley College Criminal Justice Training Center students are required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccinations. Students must be fully vaccinated* prior to being allowed in a classroom.
*You are considered fully vaccinated:
- 2 weeks after your second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or
- 2 weeks after your single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine
You must review and comply with the following safety protocols:
- You must wear a mask to enter the building.
- You will not be admitted without a mask.
- You will not be admitted if late.
- You must bring your own number 2 pencil (none will be provided)
- You must wear a mask at all times, during the written test..
If you exhibit flu-like symptoms or symptoms possibly related to COVID-19, stay at home. We reserve the right to refuse admission to the test to any persons exhibiting flu or cold-like symptoms.
Your PayPal receipt is the ONLY receipt that will be emailed to you, and this is the receipt you need to bring with you to enter the testing room.
2. Complete the registration form entirely. Be sure to include your most current contact information. Enter the transaction or receipt number from the PayPal receipt.
If you are taking both the written test and physical agility test, you must be at the Police Academy by 7:55 AM. Be sure to bring your receipt showing payment for this test, and a California Drivers License. If you are taking only the physical agility test, you must be at the Police Academy by 11:00 AM. Be sure to wear clothing suitable for the physical agility test.
If you arrive late, you will be disqualified. The Police Academy is located in building 1000 at Napa Valley College.
NOTE: For a limited period of time, the physical agility test is also available by appointment, Monday through Friday. In order to qualify for this appointment you must have all your paperwork complete and be prepared to place your deposit for an academy class the day of the test. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm you are ready to place your deposit, once that is confirmed an appointment may be scheduled.
You must bring receipt of payment and valid drivers license with you to be admitted into the testing area.