THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE TRAINING CENTER will reopen on Monday, June 1, 2020. The center will maintain limited office hours while adhering to the following safety protocols:
· Persons must make an appointment to enter the office.
· Walk-in appointments cannot be permitted.
· One person at a time will be allowed in the office.
· Every person entering the building must wear a mask.
APPOINTMENT Days and Hours:
· Monday through Thursday. 10:00am, 11:00am, 12:00pm, 1:00pm and 2:00pm
TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT:
· Email Mrs. Brooke Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
· You will receive a confirmation from Mrs. Jackson
· Late arrivals may not be served.
· Bring a pen to your appointment.
· You will be required to complete a COVID-19 questionnaire and have your temperature taken.
Basic academy training is the foundation of a successful and rewarding law enforcement career. The Basic Academy is the most important program we present. We place a heavy emphasis on leadership, ethics, and community policing principles. Central to this emphasis is officer safety, problem solving, and character development. Our educational philosophy is well defined and includes a detailed discipline model all of which is intended to develop outstanding law enforcement officers. Graduates earn their certificates by meeting some of the highest standards for Basic Academy graduates in the state. Graduates often say that the Basic Academy was the most challenging experience of their life.
Our curriculum exceeds state minimum standards in almost every respect. 44% of the instructional hours are dedicated to physical skills, officer safety, and survival. This emphasis is balanced by a demanding set of academic standards carefully designed to prepare students for success in a field training program. Students learn through a variety of experiences facilitated by subject matter experts and are required to demonstrate a high level competency in six core dimensions in order to graduate. Students use computer technology for research, report writing, and to access the academy’s website for a wide range of resources. We have our own emergency vehicle operations course that uses a skid car to provide students with a completely realistic driver training experience. Firearms training is conducted in an indoor firearms training facility that is one of the best in California.
Student Learning OutcomesDemonstrate oral and written communication skills.
- Confront and assess a problem and identify a solution using good judgment.
- Comprehend and retain factual and technical information related to the profession.
- Understand differences and work effectively with diverse populations.
- Demonstrate physical fitness, stamina, and fine motor skills related to the profession.
- Identify personal strengths and weaknesses.
Today, law enforcement agencies want people who can solve problems and who understand racial and cultural differences. Chiefs and Sheriffs are looking for officers who possess the skills, knowledge, and abilities consistent with the community policing philosophy. If this sounds like you, then you are the type of person law enforcement is looking for and we are the academy that will properly prepare you for a successful law enforcement career.
We employ a full time staff of coordinators, a recruit training officer, drill instructors, and utilize over 100 part time working law enforcement professionals to deliver instruction. Each of these individuals is committed to promoting cadet success in a positive and challenging learning environment. We are visited regularly by law enforcement agencies from all over California. We have the reputation you are looking for.